Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Join Us for Our 25th Reunion

The Corning Painted Post West High School Class of 1983 is celebrating its 25th Reunion July 25-26, 2008. Richard Vang has set up a web page with all of the details, a list of those expected and a lost list. We hope you can make it, but even if you can't, we'll try to share the details with you here.

Because we were a little late in the planning, we weren't able to send out a questionaire to find out what everyone has been up to. We invite you to share your stories and photos here and we'll have a virtual reunion that will last beyond one weekend.

Thanks to Scott Van Etten for prompting us to follow through on this idea. So, Scott, start us out - what have you been up to?

1 comment:

Scott VanEtten said...

Hey Classmates,

Sorry I missed the 25th reunion. It looks like you all had a great time...And from the pictures posted I'm glad to see that I am not the only one with grey hair!

I was one of the graduates that came back to Corning after college and am still happy with that decision. I am single (couldnt find anyone that would marry me) and unfortunately don't have any kids. Just nieces and nephews that I spoil sufficiently.

Got my Finance degree from RIT, and an MBA from SU. I was a Controller (bean counter) for 17 years and then Corning Inc. gave me a chance to get into Sales. So thats what I have been doing for the past 3 years.

As you might expect I still live in Caton and finished my 16th year as the Town Supervisor in 2007. I gave that up and am now a Legislator with Steuben County. I also own a couple of businesses and have dabbled in the real estate market.

My passion is skeet shooting. I do it year round and compete in registered tournaments all summer long (hence the reason I missed the reunion). I have won a couple NYS championships over the years and hope to win a world title someday. Ive tried auto racing, and I've tried golf but there is nothing as exhilerating as turning a clay target into a cloud of dust with a shot gun. I guess we all have our "bad habits."
I'll try to find a picture of me before I blew up like the Michelin Man and send it to Kim.
Hope to hear from some of my old friends and maybe, just maybe I'll make the 30th reunion.
Take care.