Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Message from Scott Van Etten

Hey Classmates,

Sorry I missed the 25th reunion. It looks like you all had a great time...And from the pictures posted I'm glad to see that I am not the only one with grey hair!

I was one of the graduates that came back to Corning after college and am still happy with that decision. I am single (couldnt find anyone that would marry me) and unfortunately don't have any kids. Just nieces and nephews that I spoil sufficiently.Got my Finance degree from RIT, and an MBA from SU. I was a Controller (bean counter) for 17 years and then Corning Inc. gave me a chance to get into Sales. So thats what I have been doing for the past 3 years.

As you might expect I still live in Caton and finished my 16th year as the Town Supervisor in 2007. I gave that up and am now a Legislator with Steuben County. I also own a couple of businesses and have dabbled in the real estate market.

My passion is skeet shooting. I do it year round and compete in registered tournaments all summer long (hence the reason I missed the reunion). I have won a couple NYS championships over the years and hope to win a world title someday. I've tried auto racing, and I've tried golf but there is nothing as exhilerating as turning a clay target into a cloud of dust with a shot gun. I guess we all have our "bad habits."

I'll try to find a picture of me before I blew up like the Michelin Man and send it along. Feel free to drop me a note via email. Hope to hear from some of my old friends and maybe, just maybe I'll make the 30th reunion.

Take care.

No comments: